The Public Relations Officer reports directly to the Office of Director General of NARI.
- Coordination and management of public relations activities in the Institute and in support of our Communications
- Professional and visible standard internal/external liaison and cooperation with all stakeholders
- Efficient promotion and implementation of corporate identity strategies/projects,
- Well organised and coordinated corporate and Institute exhibitions/ events locally and nationally,
- Internal and external events, meetings, etc. Organising experience,
- Effective and efficient media coverage, publishing, pamphlets, exhibitions, special events, information days etc, with balanced/positive return on investment,
- Effective management of frontline public relations, interpersonal and communication challenges,
- Proficient and prompt attendance to enquiries,
- Properly compiled and updated information directory,
- Effectively produced printed and electronic communication material (newsletters, reports, brochures, leaflets, banners etc),
- Professionally prepare speeches, articles, TV coverages, etc,
- Timeously drafting of media (company media statements, news etc.) releases to print, electronic/social networking (community) platforms etc.
- Properly and proactively manage, compile, update media contacts,
- Creativity and proficiency in all mainstream social media platforms,
- Verbal communication,
1. Degree in Journalism and public relations
2. Experience in news reporting both print and electronic investigative journalism, electronic media news presentation
3. Extensive Executive Public Policy reading and writing
4. Critical and analytical bent of mind
5. Should be able to use logic and understanding on deciding upon the right public relations strategy
6. Excellent interpersonal skills – presentation skills, ability to prioritize and plan effectively; digital media skills, such as graphic design, video editing and blog administration
7. Other relevant experiences with international bodies.
NARI is an equal opportunity employer and does not allow discriminatory practices based on gender, ethnicity or health status. The Institute has general health insurance cover for all contract and permanent employees with life insurance covered by Workers Compensation Act. Accommodation is not a condition of employment but where possible NARI provides furnished accommodation at its HQ and Research Centres. Salaries and conditions are determined under the broad national Public Service Framework.
Applications should include a cover letter detailing your area of interest, a detailed CV, names and contact details of three referees and be addressed to:
- The Director General
National Agricultural Research Institute,
P O Box 4415, LAE 411
Papua New Guinea
Attention: Senior HR Officer
Email applications are preferred via Email: email@example.com or for further enquires contact Telephone (675) 430 3044 / 478 4000 / 7142 5973
Applications close on the 17th November 2023 at 5.00pm. Only Short-listed applicants will be contacted.