The Principal Monitoring and Evaluation Officer reports directly to the Office of Director General of NARI.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the development and implementation of Work Plans, Budgets and prepare timely reports for the unit.
- Responsible to effectively coordinate and Manage the Monitoring and Evaluation functions of the Institute.
- Develop and implement a robust Monitoring and Evaluation framework for NARI
- Periodically Monitor and Evaluate Performance of the Strategic Plans, Annual Work Plans and Projects
- Develop performance indicators for NARI including establishment and reviewing of monitoring and evaluation system;
- Mobilize resources for Monitoring and Evaluation programs
- Support research and innovations
- Collaborate with other departments and units in the delivery of monitoring and evaluation function
- Build capacity of staff in monitoring and evaluation
- Prepare statutory performance reports timely
- Supervise and appraise staff
- The other relevant areas of work will include technology and policy assessment, market and marketing systems studies, programme planning, prioritisation and research resource allocations.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Director General
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Economics, Statistics, Natural Resource Management, or Social Sciences (with Economics and/or Social Administration) from a reputable institution.
- Master’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or in any of the above related field is a requirement.
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in a related field of which 3 years should be at a managerial or senior supervisory level.
- Demonstrable experience of working well in teams within professional and organisational matters;
- Broad knowledge of agricultural commodity value chains
- Good leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, analytical and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Team building and organizational skills.
- Experience with data analysis software such as STATA, SPSS or similar packages
NARI is an equal opportunity employer and does not allow discriminatory practices based on gender, ethnicity or health status. The Institute has general health insurance cover for all contract and permanent employees with life insurance covered by Workers Compensation Act. Accommodation is not a condition of employment but where possible NARI provides furnished accommodation at its HQ and Research Centres. Salaries and conditions are determined under the broad national Public Service Framework.
Applications should include a cover letter detailing your area of interest, a detailed CV, names and contact details of three referees and be addressed to:
- The Director General
National Agricultural Research Institute,
P O Box 4415, LAE 411
Papua New Guinea
Attention: Senior HR Officer
Email applications are preferred via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or for further enquires contact Telephone (675) 430 3044 / 478 4000 / 7142 5973
Applications close on the 17th November 2023 at 5.00pm. Only Short-listed applicants will be contacted.