The position is based at the NARI HQ in Bubia and reports directly to the Program Director
- Develop and manage a portfolio of relevant research activities addressing social and socio-economic issues in agricultural development in PNG based on identified needs and priorities. This includes technical, economic and sector analysis that will guide and support both public and private sector investments in agriculture (agricultural policy).
- Conduct technical and economic feasibility studies on initiatives proposed for the strengthening and expansion of agricultural value chains, including mechanisation options, market centers, warehouses, cold and dry storage facilities, etc. (agro industry and agribusiness).
- Monitor and Evaluate economic impact of new technologies or government policies on the agriculture development,
- Plan and conduct surveys and research to assess the needs of stakeholders in agricultural development.
- Develop and implement plans to improve agricultural productivity and efficiency; Enhance skills in agribusiness and agripreneurship by providing appropriate technical content;
- Provides management and supervision of staff
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness / Agriculture, Agro-Industry or related field and at least five (5) years experience in research for development. Possession of a Doctorate degree (Ph.D.) will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrable experience of working well in teams within professional and organisational matters;
- Broad knowledge of agricultural commodity value chains,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with data analysis software such as STATA, SPSS or similar packages
NARI is an equal opportunity employer and does not allow discriminatory practices based on gender, ethnicity or health status. The Institute has general health insurance cover for all contract and permanent employees with life insurance covered by Workers Compensation Act. Accommodation is not a condition of employment but where possible NARI provides furnished accommodation at its HQ and Research Centres. Salaries and conditions are determined under the broad national Public Service Framework.
Applications should include a cover letter detailing your area of interest, a detailed CV, names and contact details of three referees and be addressed to:
- The Director General
National Agricultural Research Institute,
P O Box 4415, LAE 411
Papua New Guinea
Attention: Senior HR Officer
Email applications are preferred via Email: email@example.com or for further enquires contact Telephone (675) 430 3044 / 478 4000 / 7142 5973
Applications close on the 17th November 2023 at 5.00pm. Only Short-listed applicants will be contacted.