This position is an integral part of good governance, transparency and accountability hence is required to prove high levels of independent accurate accounting and auditing reports to Executive Management. The Internal auditors are accounting professionals who provide organizations with guidance on financial accuracy, internal controls and regulatory compliance. The position requires the ability to provide comprehensive detailed internal audit of NARI physical and financial resources and transactions.
The position reports directly to the Office of the Director General.
- Plan and submit an annual audit program to the Director General for approval
- Carryout physical audit inspection on HQ and all program accounts and records
- Follow up to ascertain that appropriate action is taken on recorded audit findings
- Plan audit, examine and evaluate information, communicating results and follow up actions
- Establish and maintain complete permanent audit files
- Conduct an independent review of management control system and practice as a basis for identifying ways of improving effectiveness, efficiency and minimising financial risks.
- Assist senior management prevent, identify and correct ineffective, inefficiency and minimising financial risks.
- Help generate an awareness of effective control techniques and commitment to using them throughout the institute.
- Conduct audits of computer based systems and assess the proper utilization of its hardware and software. Assess the effectiveness of internal controls to ensure fraud free systems.
- Review and examine the established systems and procedures to ensure that the statutory requirements are complied with on a timely basis
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Director General
- A minimum of Degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognised college or University.
- The incumbent must have had at least 7 to 8 years hands on general accounting back ground and internal auditing experience.
- Well vast with the Financial Management Act
- Demonstrable experience of managing and leading teams within professional and organisational matters;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
NARI is an equal opportunity employer and does not allow discriminatory practices based on gender, ethnicity or health status. The Institute has general health insurance cover for all contract and permanent employees with life insurance covered by Workers Compensation Act. Accommodation is not a condition of employment but where possible NARI provides furnished accommodation at its HQ and Research Centres. Salaries and conditions are determined under the broad national Public Service Framework.
Applications should include a cover letter detailing your area of interest, a detailed CV, names and contact details of three referees and be addressed to:
- The Director General
National Agricultural Research Institute,
P O Box 4415, LAE 411
Papua New Guinea
Attention: Senior HR Officer
Email applications are preferred via Email: email@example.com or for further enquires contact Telephone (675) 430 3044 / 478 4000 / 7142 5973
Applications close on the 17th November 2023 at 5.00pm. Only Short-listed applicants will be contacted.